Why Administrators Really Are Valuable To Your Real Estate Business
Whether it’s the sales consultant, property management or administration these are probably the three core areas of your real estate business.
In an ever changing industry, we all need to keep ourselves abreast of legislative and best practice changes which can sometimes take principals away from ensuring that income is flowing into their business (afterall, that’s the idea).
A well-trained administrator could indeed be the answer. They can be integral to the overall operations of your agency and underpin the foundations of a solid and robust business. But finding the right one has it’s challenges. A good aministrator should have the following attributes:
- A commitment to the success of the team and your business with an understanding to your goals
- A thirst for knowledge from best practice or efficient systems can only benefit your business
- Communication skills to both internal team members to external clients. Be well spoken and articulate in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise their workload as well as good time management. As with all documentation within a real estate agency, attention to detail and accuracy are vital. Being able to handle pressure when there is an urgency of deadlines.
- Marketing skills – while other members of staff may prepare advertising, your administrator needs to have a good understanding of legislation before advertising is released to the public.
- Professional presentation as part of your total image for your business.
- An understanding of and experience in the use of computer programs, especially real estate specific software. Having this knowledge will allow your business to compete in a competitive marketplace with professionally presented documents and communications which will compliment your business.
- Be organised and able to take initiative.
The above attributes are important qualities of a good administrator and aren’t necessarily learned on the job. An administrator may need formal training especially with compliance issues and be keen for constant learning.
The right sales administrator can be a real asset to your business and help you to grow your business.