Why E-Marketing Is A Winning Formula
The rise of E-marketing (bulk emailing) in the current business world has grown in popularity for numerous reasons:
- Wide, targeted distribution
- Is inexpensive – compared to other marketing investments such as direct mail or printed newsletters
- Generally provides a good ROI (return on investment)
- Pushes the message – as opposed to a website that waits for customers to come in and email is ‘going to them’
- Trackable – An advertiser can track users via web bugs, bounce messages, un-subscribes, read-receipts, click throughs etc. These can be used to measure open rates, positive or negative responses, correlate leads/sales with marketing.
- Measurable – unlike some traditional forms of media
- Generates repeat business affordably and automatically
- Is widely used and accepted
- Can be forwarded on once or multiple times and hence starts ‘viral marketing’
- Green – email marketing is paper-free
- The recipient can always choose to continue to receive or not – must have an unsubscribe option
Here is some recent research that demonstrates the power of email marketing:
- As of May, 2011, email marketing had an average return on investment of $43.52 for every dollar spent. This is expected to reach $44.25 by the end of 2011.
-Direct Marketers Association
- Investments made in email marketing will grow from $1.3 billion in 2010 to $2 billion by 2014.
- In early 2011, 72% of respondents answered that Return-of-Investment (ROI) of their email marketing campaigns is excellent or really good.
- 39.4% of marketing industry executives called Email Marketing the most powerful advertising channel for their business.
-Datran Media survey
- 63% of respondents would like to increase spending on email marketing in 2011.
- 70% of brand marketers planned to make investments in email marketing niche in 2011.
-Society of Digital Agencies
Pretty powerful form of marketing – are you on board?